Friday, June 29, 2007

It's Today

I just set up my posting options so I can post via email. Which is
about the only way I can do it for a month...or two...or maybe three.

We're leaving today at 9:10, but right now it's only almost six
o'clock, so I have two hours to pack up my carry-on, go to a couple
places on the campus once again, and eat breakfast. Our ride leaves at
seven fifty...

"Farewell, my friends, I'm bound for Canaan.
I'm traveling through the wilderness.
Your company has been delightful,
You who doth leave my mind distressed.
I go away behind to leave you--perhaps never to meet again!--
But, if we never have the pleasure,
I hope we'll meet on Canaan's land."

One of those shape note hymns that says it all--I thought it meant one
thing one day, and then another day I know what it means. And yet
another day...it's like any song, really. It means everything and yet
so little at the same time.