Monday, July 9, 2007

Wild December

Hello, readers--I've been a bad girl not to write.
However, it's not as though I was just sitting
wondering what to do with the means of blogging right
before me, so don't judge me too hard.

Last night I was singing "Wild December", which I
learned off Atwater-Donnelly's beautiful CD, "When
Winter Calls", and my aunt told me it was really not
suitable for July. Some people, unlike me, prefer
songs in their season and no time else. So I promptly
took a walk down the block and came up with a summer
version of the lovely old round--which goes as
follows:

Balmy breezes, burning sun--
Summer surely has begun!
Fresh mowed lawns and flowers sweet
Gathered by the children in their wee bare feet

I write poetry a trifle better when I don't rhyme, but
even then--I'm no poet.